Inauguration + Austin, TX

Husband and I were invited to attend the Texas Gubernatorial Inauguration by State Senator Dan Patrick, who was also being sworn into his new office as Lieutenant Governor, along with our new Governor, Greg Abbott.  I've been to Austin several times but have never visited the Capitol grounds.  Everything about this event made you proud to be a Texan!   




 

After the ceremonial swearing in of the offices, the speeches, and the pomp and circumstance there is a huge Texas style bbq out on the front lawn of the capital. Commence the feeding of the 5,000!


After lunch the Inaugural parade begins.  We ran into my sweet friend Jennifer, who is also my doppelgänger.


We explored the Texas State Capitol after the parade and then headed back to our AirBnb to get ready for the Inaugural Ball that evening. Time to get glam! 


If I had to do it over again, I would skip the ball. I hate to even say that but people are crowding and lining up for hours beforehand just so you can get a table...that you will never even sit at.  I literally saw an old woman in a fur mink and ballgown hike up her dress and sprint across the ballroom to claim her stake on a table.  It was like Black Friday at Best Buy.  Classy people. 


It was fun getting dressed up and visiting with friends. 


Of course every Texas celebration is not complete without some good live music from Pat Green and Lady Antebellum.  The concert was rockin'!  





Husband and I with Lt. Governor Dan Patrick. Congratulations on the win! Overall a fun evening, too bad we had to drive back home after the night was over.  I think we got back to Dallas around 1am, exhausted, but totally worth it. 


Comments

Popular Posts