Saying Goodbye To Our First Home...

Wow.  What a crazy season of life living in this little mid-century home has been.  We've felt that we are in the right season to move to a place that we can see ourselves long-term.  A little city called Grapevine, TX sits on the North West corner of the DFW Airport and if you've ever visited you can see how easy it is to fall in love with this little community.  The move will be closer for our church family, Husband's job, and I will have a slightly less hectic drive to work.

Selling a home is no easy thing.  Emotional, to say the least.  I have been all over the map on letting go of this little home. Happy one day, sad the next. The number of projects we have done to this house is an enormous list.  The amount of money we have paid in fixing this little jewel up has been worth it.  The number of memories made...priceless.

Several weeks before the house sold Husband and I walked through every room telling each other stories of what memories we made in each room.  I cried....and cried.  This was my very first home.  I bought it when I was a mere 24 years old and I was so proud of it even though it needed so much work.  It was time well spent for Husband and I.  Our marriage grew in that home, we shared lots of dinners, parties, game-nights, and birthdays in that home.  We ministered to friends and family, and even in the most extreme situations helped provide shelter for someone who was homeless.  After all the projects were through, and yes some that we never even got around to, the house sold on October 8, 2013.

Here is our sweet little home that we will always remember. 


























Comments

Popular Posts