My Reluctance to Join Pintrest...

I'm probably THE last person on the planet to join Pinterest.  I purposely abstained from joining because almost everyone forewarned me that I would be on it all of the time and I would not have a life.  It wasn't until an old friend personally messaged me an invite, and said "I've been waiting specifically for you to join so I can see what you post." So I finally joined, oh boy.  I compare it to StumbleUpon but with pictures.
I still can't figure out the difference in "liking" something and "re-pinning" it on your board.  If any one has that figured out, let me know. :)  It actually is a great site for everything, articles, money saving tips, crafting, crafting, and more crafting, fashion and more. I decided to take the plunge and embark on my first Pinterest craft. Here is the original posting.
This is a great idea.  You need an old flea market painting, or in my case an old canvas, white acrylic paint, vinyl letters and...yep that's it. Here is my version of this project.
I began with painting my canvas with various acrylic paints and allowed it to dry over night. There's no need to be perfect; you'll be painting over this anyway. I had previously modge-podged a few vintage postage stamps, and some scrapbook materials to the canvas so it had some texture to it. 
After allowing the canvas to dry I planned out what phrase I wanted and mapped out how I wanted the words to fall.   You can use a level and a pencil to draw lines and then align the vinyl lettering to the canvas. I got these from Michael's for about $5. The great thing about these is that they re-stick even after you use them. I did 2 rows at a time since I didn't have enough letters.  After your letters are in place you take a sponge brush and go over the area.  You don't have to put the paint on heavy, but you'll want good coverage and for your areas to be evenly painted. 
I used a blowdryer to assit in the drying process and continued down the canvas.  The last step is to peel off the letters and viola, it's instant art.  I wanted this to go in or guest bedroom since we had the perfect wall space. Pardon the mobile photo :)
Ok, so it turns out...I'm a fan.  I have created an ongoing list of new projects and craft projects for the house. Here are some other Christmas crafts that I did over the holiday break.
 Christmas gift to Jenn
Made T-shirt scarfs with the cousins

Website of the Day: http:///www.pinterest.com    If you need an invite, let me know and I'll send you one ;)

Comments

Popular Posts