These are a few of my favorite things...

Our home is still coming together, piece by piece.  And we love it.  There are certain things that I find myself just walking around the house staring at because I like them so much.  It's the small touches, nothing big or fancy, just items that I have created or obtained that are around my house that I love.  And most of the time I probably think I'm cooler than most because I have them...probably not.  With that said, I thought I would share them with you.


 1.) My iPhone case: Ok so it may not be something around my house, but I love it. 
2.)  Monogramed Anthropologie Mugs: These are my favorite mugs to drink out of on a Saturday morning.  You can find these for $6 each at your local Anthro shop.

3.) My collection of coffee table books: It's never ending, I seriously can't get enough of them. It's an addiction. They are in every room of the house, on every flat surface, stacked as high as they can go, and they are AWESOME!  This is a picture of the books I have incorporated into my decor in our master bedroom. I have the full collection of the postsecret.com books.

4.) Thrift Store finds: Found these tea cups at a thrift store one day, the saucers that they go on are etched with roman numerals around the edges like a clock... oh I love them.  Pictured below that is a chair I found and transformed. $5 for the chair, add a little TLC--and voila! Brand new!

5.) My vintage camera collection:  Yes it's another obsession :)  I have an eagle eye for these babies in antique stores!
6.) Vintage Albums: I have these all over my house.  Music just flows with this house.  It's something husband and I love and live.  This special little guy is in my kitchen, and my prized Abbey Road album is in the living room.
7.) Homemade Typography Wall Art: I love modern, white, clean frames with artistic typography prints--the two were made for each other, and especially in our mid-century home. I made these prints one night.  I just searched on the internet for "typography prints" and I fell in love with these.  Flowed well with our home and added an edge of modern art to our living room. "Death by Typography" is my favorite.
Found these "type balls" at Michael's for $0.50 each. And YES that is a Twilight book. You got me. 

8.) My China cabinet and my untraditional china: It's all unique. I have yet to eat off it, but I like it :) 

I know there are a few more things I need to add to this list, but for now I'll let it lie. I always love unique finds that I can add to our home, especially if they are artistic and modern! 

Website of the day: http://lauraburciaga.com/  This is my friend Laura, who loves home decor and design.  Her blog has an awesome new look thanks to her web-designer of a husband.  Laura is always updating her blog with great new changes she makes to her home along with some of her favorite things! Give her a shout for me! 

Comments

  1. Love it! You have inspired me to do some antiquing ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the shout-out, Laura!! I just now saw this:). Also I'm loving your china cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Makes me want to do some thrift shopping now... or rearrange my room. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts