The Honeymooners...

The one question people ask most brides while in wedding planning is "Where are are you going on your honeymoon?" My only response..."I don't know!"  Husband is a world explorer and one of the best travel planners you've ever met.   I love it when he surprises me and ESPECIALLY with a trip somewhere.  Given his extravagance on our proposal, I had no doubt that our honeymoon would be the trip of a lifetime.
All that I knew about the honeymoon was 3 things:
      1)  We would be gone for 2 weeks
      2)  There where 3 Phases over the 2 weeks (3 phases meaning 3 different places we would be going)
      3)  I would be seriously jet-lagged
So the real questions was:  When would I be able to find out where we were going?  On the dance floor at our wedding reception.

Phase 1 is revealed.  MILAN, ITALY!!

I'd rather spare you all of the details on our flights and running through airports and threatening TSA employees.....so, you're welcome.  I know you would rather see the pics :) 

Phase 1 | Milan, Italy | October 23 - October 27, 2010

The Church of Milan "The Duomo"


 Everything was sooo detailed.

We paid 5 euro to go on the roof.  This church took 500 years to build!


On the roof, thank goodness for finding someone with broken English to take our picture. 

Inside of the mall


It is considered tradition and good luck to spin on the "balls" of the bull.  Weird.

 Castle Sforza

On our last day in Milan we got to see DaVinici's "The Last Supper"!!!!!!!


Phase II | Crete, Greece | October 27 - November 3, 2010

 View from the resort

Too cold to swim in the pool!

 Stopped on the beach after lunch...if you can't tell what I'm writing then turn your head sideways :)

Fontana Morosini  We sat out here and people watched while eating crepes :)

 Heraklion

 We had LOTS and LOTS of Greek coffee... our favorite!
 Palace of Knossos
Stopping on the side of the mountain to snap a few shots.  I love this pic of Husband :)

We visited the cave where Greek Mythology believes that Zues was born...ooooo.

Phase III  |  London, England  |  November 3 - November 5, 2010

Visited The Tower of London...very cool. 


the leaves in London were HUGEEE!!!

 In front of Westminster Abbey

Cost about 35 pounds for a tour... so, we just took a picture. hehehe

 The famous Eye of London.  I just HAD to ride it!

The capsules can fit up to 20 people. 

My favorite picture from the entire trip... Wow. 

 View from the top.

Walked across the London Bridge 

 Our last night in London we went to see Les Miserables at the Queen's Theatre in Piccadilly Square.  So moving and beautiful, it made it's way to the top of my "Favorite Musicals" list.  I cried on the train ride back to the hotel, I didn't want our adventure to end..And then... we came home.  Home is DEFINITELY an adventure. 

Website of the Day:   To see all of our photos from the Honeymoon Adventure 

Comments

Popular Posts