First Family Photo & Garage Sale...

Husband and I are settled into our new home pretty well now, but during the process of "merging" our households I observed one thing... we have A LOT, and I mean A LOT of crap. We were in need, in desperate need of one thing, a GARAGE SALE!

I personally had been looking forward to having a garage sale for quite a while.   I've had boxes in the garage sorted into categories for weeks and the thought of a new life equals getting rid of the old and starting from scratch, right?! Even while we were engaged I had been going through ever corner, looking over every shelf, sorting through piles of unsorted papers, and unpacking those "special boxes" (you know the ones... the boxes you haven't even touched since you moved 2 summers ago? you know what I'm talkin' about).  The thought of garage sale-ing was exciting... to me ;)  My philosophy on decorating, storing, and organizing things has recently taken a turn with our new life together. I believe in simple living, with clean, minimal & modern decor, shredding the old bank statements from 2 years ago, and selling anything and everything you haven't used, touched, or cried over within the past year.

Husband on the other hand has a much different idea of that phrase "out with the old in with the new."  Bless his heart he's more sentimental than most would imagine, he puts a hiiggghhhh value on certain objects in our home, especially if it's from his world travels (which is understandable), and he most always has a good reason for his sentiments. And while we have our different stances on "collecting" things, I appreciate that he is so sentimental, and hopefully he can deal with me throwing out everything in the mean time :) God love him, I sure do.

Our garage sale was the weekend after we returned from our honeymoon, it was a bit spontaneous but it worked. The money that we made is going towards a new dining room table, as of now we are using the outdoor patio furniture in the kitchen, we make it work.

Here is a pic of our garage sale... classy. haha
Our little abode... with all of our crap in front of it.  haha

I got bored and decided that we needed to take our first family photo.  
I don't have a fish eye lens...but I DO have a fish eye mirror.  

 And then we realized... WE FORGOT THE DOG!  Awww poor Shadow.

Website of the Day:  http://www.garagesalestracker.com/  Find a garage sale near you! 


Comments

Popular Posts