Herbert Hollingsworth III....


I have a friend at my desk at work.  He's orange, doesn't say much, fits in the palm of my hand, and is constantly  in that Michael Jackson "Thriller" pose...you know the one. He's a plastic Tyrannosaurus Rex named Herbert Hollingsworth III (the Third.)  I know i just gained cool-points in most of your books, your welcome.  On most days at my desk, I talk to myself...I process things out loud.  Call me crazy but I'm sure you do it too. Other days I talk to Herbert, and he's a really great listener. Why am I telling you all this? Because it's random, and unique, and a little weird, and I've just been in that kind of mood lately.  Why? I am so glad you asked...

I have fallen in L-O-V-E with a certain city that holds ALL of these characteristic.  You guess it Austin, TX :)
I've been to Austin before, once, but it doesn't really count because I was sequestered on the UT campus for UIL band tryouts...so I didn't get to "experience" the city. But we did however, walk almost every square foot of the UT campus from sheer boredom, but that's another story. THIS time was different, and fun, and fabulous, and I felt like a kid in a REALLY big candy store (so said my sweet friend Sarah :) ).

A group of our friends went down to Austin to surprise our super-fun friend Keegan Jones (a.k.a. "The kid who hacked MySpace"--it's true he is, and he's highly Google-able). Anywho, it was Keeg's birthday and Saphrin (Keeg's gf) arranged a surprise birthday party with all of the Dallas-tinians to come down and enjoy the weekend in Austin. Yipee! We had a blast and now I want to move there! Here are a few pics from the weekend.

South Congress



Decorating for the party :)

Keegan! 

Grilling out by the pool.

Lovey & Roomie.

Joe's Coffee Stand

#1 Favorite store in Austin :)

the girls @ Hey Cupcake!

Ever since coming home from Austin, I've wanted to be BACK in Austin.  Ahh maybe one day. Until then, I'll continue to be my weird self with my buddy Herbert. Anyone I've ever introduced him to has always immediately shaken his hand...I guess I'm not the only one who wants to be friends with a dinosaur. 

Web-site of the Day:  http://www.uncommonobjects.com/  I was freaking out in this store; you MUST go visit if you ever go to Austin!
Here's another fun one: http://www.vintagearoundtownguide.com/

Comments

Popular Posts