Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body...

The title of this blog post pretty much sums up me and my eating habits.  Seriously... I am a fat girl trapped in a skinny body!  I'm constantly eating junk.  Now it's not all junk, mind you.... just most of it. :)  My desk drawer at work is filled with sugar, candy, more sugar, and an abundant supply of Chick-fil-a "Special Sauce."


I can smell a Snickers bar, Kettle corn, and birthday cake from an approximate 4.3 mile radius. If I had it my way I would eat eat a bowl of crunchy peanut butter with fruit snacks for breakfast, and Miracle Whip with pretzels for lunch. You think I'm kidding.  I hold the belief that in a former life I was most likely Paula Deen, my brothers were Ben & Jerry, and we started  the original Babe's Chicken Restaurant.  Wait-- can we just pause for a second to talk about a woman who knows Southern cooking- Paula Deen is a master-mind goddess-of-a-woman who knows her food! And Babe's Chicken, I mean if Heaven is even close to Babe's, it's going to be awesome!   I love to eat good southern comfort food; give me some chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet creamed corn, green beans, biscuits, throw some lard on top and I'm a happy woman!

Ok, I know I've probably grossed most of you out, so all that to get to my point... I know all of this is going to kick me in the kizzard one day.  Many of you are probably already on your rant:  "You just wait! One day your metabolism is going to catch up with you and those hips of your are gunna explode honey!" Yeah, yeah, yeah I know I hear ya!

I have been very blessed to have a man that is extremely healthy, loves to exercise and stay fit, and is very conscientious about what he eats; he even pays for my gym membership, what a guy!  He graciously puts up with my eating habits, encourages me to go to the gym and/or yoga classes, and payed for my first round of vitamins to start on, I'm telling you he's amazing.  I always find it quite amusing when we go out to eat; when the waiter comes they manage to put the salad in front of me and the rib-eye steak in front of him. Some are usually pretty surprised when we tell them it's the other way around... Boyfriend is the one with the salad and I'm the one with the cow thigh on my plate, makes me laugh every time. The one thing that I love about Boyfriend is this: he doesn't look his age..at all! We are 7 years apart in age (I'll let you figure that one out)  and most people guess that we are about 3 or 4 years apart.  The reason?  He takes care of himself from the inside out, his skin is flawless, he's fit as a fiddle, and he can out run/work any one I've seen.  (Cheering in the background: Hercules, Hercules...)  This is also true about my sweet friend Helen who is a legit yoga teacher!

When I have gone to the gym, made healthy choices, and been on my herbal and vitamin supplements, I never felt better.  Boyfriend and I were in the gym 4 or 5 days a week for 2 hours at a time, but i got burned out too quick.  I wasn't in a body building competition and I didn't want to live at the gym either. Boyfriend and I decided that we would go only a certain number of days and it would only be for an hour and a half or so.  Before I knew it, I had settled back into my sugar-crazed, lard-sucking, candy-munching, soul-food-eating habits again and I waived Boyfriend off to the gym every night as he went to stay healthy and I well ya know... didn't.  HOWEVER! An evening ago, I decided (on my own) to get back in the gym. Here is how my work out began:


Laura Oglesby



LauraOg Only for @jgaspard :) I'm at 24 Hour Fitness 
  
Jonathan Gaspard  JGaspard  @lauraog what the?!?!? Heart just lept out of chest:)

Easy to win him over, huh? haha

Later that night I went to visit my friends Minda and Helen (that I mentioned earlier).  The conversation got changed to health when Helen informed us that her mom just got a book published about eating and living healthy!  Helen began educating me on WHY vitamins, heart health, working out, yoga, and eating right were so important.  What was good for me?  How do you eat healthy and not have to eat tofu all the time?  Boyfriend had always just told me that it was good for me, it was important, and went on about the etymology of our work out plan. He wasn't doing anything wrong, he's a wonderful teacher, but I just wasn't being informed in a way that hit home for me.  When Helen said words like Alzheimer's, cancer, and diabetes  a family-chord sparked in me, and it made me think a little bit more about what Boyfriend had been trying to tell me all along. I made a trip to the Vitamin Shoppe yesterday (they're having a sale...you should go) and picked up some more vitamins and minerals to supplement my current multi-vitamin and "brain pill" (it helps me remember :)

I am now currently taking:
The links for D-3 and E aren't exactly what I take, but you get the point. Two more that I want to get on are a super-food vitamin and CoQ10.  Next week I'm going to finally take the yoga classes that Boyfriend bought for me, and I'm making healthier choices for my diet.  This doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to start eating tofu or drinking soy and rice milk... but I will eat leaner meat, lots of cold water fish, less processed food, green veggies, and only one sugar item a day. I think I need to go clean out my desk :)  Here's to a healthier, longer life for me and hopefully you.  

Web-site of the Day:  http://fatgirltrappedinaskinnybody.blogspot.com/  Found this while posting this blog... I like this girl :) She inspired  the title of this post. 

Comments

  1. Hilarious post.

    and unfortunately-

    i hate you for the blog title.

    i'm the other way around.

    skinny girl trapped in a fat girl's body.

    HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this...Love your post. I always tell people, "I don't have kids yet; give me 3 kids, 10 years, and then let's see if my blog title hasn't changed to 'fat girl trapped in a fat body'." HA! I do love my metabolism and also my love for exercise, slight obsession :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts