My New/Old Little Piece of Love...

I'm really not in the mood to blog today, but alas here I am. Boyfriend is in Haiti this week with a construction relief team.  Haven't talked to him much, but he is keeping everyone updated on his blog, you should check it out!

I've recently been VERY excited about a new piece of furniture in my home and I couldn't wait to write a blog about it...but today like i said...eh, I could be doing other things. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I found THE cutest little antique store with a sale going on.  I picked up the most wretched looking slipper chair for $10 and decided that I was going to have it recovered. I've always wanted to buy an old raggedy chair like this to have it recovered but I never wanted to spend a lot of money. I ended up getting a steal of a deal on the material and the labor at a local Fabric Yard, so I left my little piece of love & let them do their magic.  A week went by and they had finally called me to tell me that I could come pick up my chair. Well to my disappointment when I got the chair back it looked like it had a stain on the back of the chair! Boo! I knew it wasn't a stain, it was just the way the material was laid in this one area. Thankfully the manager of the fabric store was there and he offered to re-cover it with no extra charges... Thank tha Lord cause there was no way I was taking it home to put it back in my house!

Last week I got a call that my chair was finally finished and I could come and pick it up.  Here are some before and after pictures I'm very proud of the finished product. The original design was that horrible 60's pastel floral design--YUCK.

The nail-heads were only on one side of the chair...so I added them to both :)
(Click the images to see high-res version)


BEAUTIFUL! 

I was so proud of my chair when I got it back! I think it looks great...now I want a REALLY bright colored pillow to go in it.  Furniture restoration makes me happy. 

Web-site of the Day: http://www.craftster.org/  This is a great little site for someone looking for a big or small craft project for your kids or for your home. Love it! 

Comments

Popular Posts