Because He said He would....

Did you know that every time the Lord says he will provide...He does?  Yeah, still learning that lesson. Every hard lesson I've had to learn in life, the one thing God was trying to show me was that He could provide for me. It's the reoccurring theme of my life. Ok Lord... I get it....or do I? 

So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” - Genesis 22:14
I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied. - Deuteronomy 11:15
The Lord provided a deliverer for Israel, and they escaped from the power of Aram. So the Israelites lived in their own homes as they had before. - 2 Kings 13:5
Four thousand are to be gatekeepers and four thousand are to praise the Lord with the musical instruments I have provided for that purpose.” - 1 Chronicles 23:5

Over and over again, He reminds us. If He hasn't already provided or isn't currently, He will. And God doesn't re-neg on His promises either.  I'm needing to remind myself of this today simply because my car died on Tuesday night...the week after I paid the thing off. That WOULD happen right?! This morning I got my car back, and against my will paid more than what I would consider an arm and a leg to be worth.  I sulked the whole way back to work. I didn't end up paying for it with a credit card...but with cash (gulp). I think I probably wouldn't feel so bad if I didn't have a road trip this weekend, which now I'm not so excited about. I think the same thing happened to Boyfriend a year after he paid off his car....his expenses for repair were a lot more than mine. 

Sometimes we just need to remind ourselves of His faithfulness, His goodness. Today I'm reminded that this past year I took the biggest pay cut of my career, and this year I will be debt free. I'm reminded that I moved to Dallas almost 2 and half years ago in faith with no job and weeks later the Lord provided me with one I did not deserve. I'm reminded that at the end of 2009 I was laid off and received severance pay when the others who were laid off after me received nothing...not even their 20 yr pensions. 

My car doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore. Ask the Lord to remind you of who He is today and what He has provided for you, and has promised to provide for you.  He always delivers..always. 

Website of the Day: http://www.wikihow.com/Save-Money For those of us who need some more help saving money :)



Comments

Popular Posts