Valentine's Day...

If you're reading this blog (& this entry specifically) you might be expecting me to tell you all about how lovey and wonderful Valentine's Day with Boyfriend was this year. Well... it was, and I'm going to...

This year both of us are on a tight budget so when Boyfriend asked what I wanted to do, I think he might have been a little surprised by my response. What I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted for V-day this year was for us to do something fun and that we both would enjoy.  We've recently discovered that we both love to cook together, and that is just what I wanted us to do.  Now granted we aren't the greatest when it comes to the sport (is cooking a sport? no I just couldn't think of any other word) but we've found that we can follow a recipe pretty well.  He picked the recipe and went grocery shopping: Surf & Turf - YUMMY! When I arrived to Boyfriend's house there was a GORGEOUS arrangement of flowers waiting for me on the table...he's so thoughtful.
They smelled awesome too. And what made them even more special is the fact that our sweet friend Hailey made the arrangement for me.  Love her and her floral designs. 

We decided that I would cook the surf, he would cook the turf, and we would both contribute on the twice baked potatoes.  I don't know why but for some reason I enjoy tasks that involve my hands in the kitchen...chopping, slicing, dicing, peeling, picking, shredding, you name it; which is great for Boyfriend since he hates it.  So I began peeling and de-veining the shrimp while he seasoned the fillets. In no time at all we had made great progress with each of our dishes.  I know it's cheesy, but it's a really great way for us to learn how to work as a team. 
He's such a hott chef :)

The surf

The turf 

And then we finally got to sit down to our dinner...we timed everything perfect (which is also a huge accomplishment in my book) 
Although we enjoyed what we made, we both agreed that the extravagant meal 
that Boyfriend cooked me for Christmas was wayyy better. 

The evening was filled with great conversation, relishing in the fact that we were so proud that we had made the meal together, along with how much money we saved in the process. Yay! After dinner we had to make a quick run to Tom Thumb for a pan to cook our dessert in. (The bachelor pad wasn't stocked) And for dessert?  Turtle brownies-- from the box of course :) 



The evening rounded off with my new favorite game Settlers of Catan.  Before I get too excited about this, let me just tell you to not judge a book by it's cover, because the name of this game along with the box makes me want to roll my eyes too, but it's a really fun game.  It's like a better version of Monopoly, but with more buying and trading. I promise it's not a nerd game or some D&D weird role-playing thing, it's pure un-adulterated fun! Hehe.  I bet you would be surprised if you started asking around who knows about this game and who plays it.  
Yeah I know--total cheese.

That about wraps up the Valentines Day events.  The truth of the matter is that Boyfriend makes me feel like its February 14th all year round. Valentines Day is just another day of the year for us and I am SO thankful to have a man that spoils me and loves me on random days and just because. 

Web-site of the day:  http://www.outofprintclothing.com/  Discovered this site the other day.  The concept is sort of like TOMS shoes, but instead of shoes it's with books and education. They print t-shirts with old vintage book covers that have great artwork on them and for every t-shirt sold they gave away a book to an educational program in Africa for children. I like it. 

Comments

Popular Posts