The Progression...


So this is odd... 2 posts within a couple of days time?! I just might be going crazy.

Why is it that I always start out my blog talking about how long it's been since my last blog or how crazy it is that I'm actually blogging? I'm weird I'll admit it but since I've just revealed one of my own personality flaws I doubt I'll be mentioning it again...maybe :)

For some reason this past week I have been in a crazy mood to shoot with my D90. I've done more research and come across more inspiration for my photos than I ever thought was possible. I managed to come across a very cool photography site that explained how to make your photos more interesting. I've searched and searched but I doubt I will ever come across this website again. (If I find it I will post it.)


The site explains how to make your pictures progress. To study your own pictures, see what is leading your eye, what makes the picture interesting. The site shows a progression of one picture of a wall of graffiti in a men's bathroom. Through a series of photos you begin to realize that your eyes are drawn down to a particular spot of graffiti on the wall. The final picture is stunning of the artwork. So I decided to try it out and here is a little bit of what came to be. I'm happy with the final product, and here is my "progression" :

Photo #1: Pretty cool view of the poolside right?



Photo #2: Tried changing up the layout of the photo to
portrait, but not still not it.



Photo #3: Tried changing the perspective a bit...
now we're getting somewhere



Photo #4: Add a little bit more of a change of
perspective and our picture starts to
become more interesting, wouldn't you say?



Photo #5: Changed the focus to be more towards
the right of the photo with the straps

Photo #6: Brought the point of focus
more towards the center of the pic, added a
vignette and a little color boost and there you have it!
Our photo is interesting!

My photos may not be THE greatest but I do love taking pics and the creativity that can be found in the world. Maybe this inspired someone...who knows.


Web-site of the Day: Continue to view & enjoy the rest of my photos on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/lauradoglesby

Comments

  1. Hi Laura, the 4th image is so cool you could almost sell it on a photo site, the closeup behind the chair toward the pool, the one that isn't skewed.

    Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts