Random-ness

I have returned! From where, I'm not to sure; the "Blogging" World I guess. And yet I feel no remorse for being away so long because I changed the title of my blog... what you see is what you get people :) It's been more than a month ago that I blogged...I don't do this often so take it in while you can. I AM "The Inconsistent Blogger." I'm really not even in "the mood" to blog so...Here it goes...

1) I have joined society: As many of you know I have been using the most ancient phone there is. It's one of AT&T's original "free phones" and it was probably THE best phone I've ever had. I've had a cell phone ever since I was, eh 15 or 16 I guess. I got this one phone that everyone called "The Toilet Bowl" phone because it seriously looked like one...no kidding. After that phone I got the "free phone," the one I've had forever. SO times have changed and I broke down and finally purchased ... the iPhone. My life has been blissfully changed. Before this I was unaware that the majority of my life could be controlled from one device. It's an addiction, seriously.

2) B-12 can solve every problem: I’ve been on a kick here lately since I have recently discovered a bottle of B-12 in our vitamin drawer at the apartment. Now if anyone knows me, Laura, the “Junk Food Junkie,” you know that I am beyond eating anything healthy or remotely low in carbs, saturated fat, calories, or lard.

However, I do have a wonderful boyfriend who has a past work history of credentials that include being a nutritionist and a personal trainer…he’s buff if any of you are wondering J This new year I have asked him to help me become a healthier eater and get me on a vitamin and workout regimen….. What in God’s name was I thinking? It’s as if I’ve ordered my own death sentence! As of right now I am not on vitamins, nor have I worked out a day into 2009, and I don’t eat any healthier…well at least when Boyfriend isn’t around.

Anyway, upon discovering this bottle of B-12 in the “vitamin drawer” and figuring out what B-12 can do for you I started taking one 500 mg tablet every morning. I’ve been on this B-12 routine for the past week and I feel a billion times better in the mornings. It’s like instant coffee into your bloodstream. Don’t worry mom it’s all natural and very good for you. If you aren’t knowledgeable of what B-12 is here’s a link for more information.

Click Here to find out more about B-12

Valentine's Day weekend, before Roomie and I left for an 8 hour road-trip Kansas City , I had a terrible back ache, and was extremely exhausted from work. (I had to help make the drive to Kansas a well) So I took a B-12 and a couple of Advil. WHOA, within like 10 minutes I was feeling amazing. So now Roomie and I have a joke that if you have any ailment that a B-12 can heal you instantly. Having a bad day? In a grumpy mood? Headache? Backache? B-12 is all you need. I’m a believer.

3) Don’t expect much…of anything…ever: Last year I heard a message preached on not having any expectations by Preston Morrison …..Completely changed my life. Having expectations completely thwarts the chances of ever being surprised. (And being surprised is one of my oh-so-favorite things) There is however a difference in expectations, Godly desires, and having standards. So, then and there I decided that I wouldn’t have any expectations (mainly regarding men, since at that time in my life I have a 5 pages list of everything I did and did not want in a man) Turns out after hearing the message I ended up burning that list, and 2 months later I met Boyfriend! I can’t begin to tell you….He is nothing I ever expected but EVERYTHING my heart has ever desired.

This past Valentines Day, the Boyfriend had been away on a week long tour with a wonderful and dear friend, Kari Jobe. So instead of spending the weekend wishing he was here with me … Roomie and I decided to go on our first road trip to visit her family in Kansas City. So even as we were apart, I ended up pretty much forgetting about Valentines Day. Not so much a bad thing considering I didn’t want to be THAT girl who whines about her boyfriend being away and not getting to spend all of his hard earned money on needless stuffed animals and over-priced chocolate for ME …Puh-lease! However, the Friday before V-day, while extremely busy at work, I received a WONDERFUL surprise, a BEAUTIFUL and HUGE bouquet of roses. I laughed at myself considering I was pretty much oblivious as to why I would be getting flowers from him…duh Laura, Valentines Day. It was a good day to not have any expectations…. I was SO surprised!

Ok I think that's all I have for today. Not too exciting I know, sorry to disappoint. Time for..

Web-site of the Day: www.gowalla.com This is the coolest iPhone application yet, and I just happen to know a couple of the developers. It's a travel based game and I am so addicted to it. If you have an iPhone you need to download this.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts