Ice Day...

Had my first day of work yesterday. AMAZING. I know it sounds weird, but I'm going to have to get used to nice people. I was welcomed with open arms yesterday on my first day, but I have to confess I felt slightly awkward when random people would come by and say hello and introduce themselves to me. Ugh, I guess that's what corporate life does to you. I think I will adjust just fine. I actually got to go home early due to the weather....crazy ice and snow.
I woke up at 6:00 a.m this morning, excited to venture in to my next day of work. I check the Gateway Website and the offices are open--YAY! So I begin to get myself ready, eat a banana and a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, (my favorite childhood cereal) when I get a text on my phone. It's Pastor John (my boss) telling me that the offices aren't going to be open until 12. Ok, I can chill until then. Roomie and I hang out the rest of the morning while getting ready for work, when around 11:00 a.m. I received another phone call informing me that the offices are officially closed for the day. I was kind of disappointed really.
So now.... boredom has set in. I've been watching people try to shimmy their way over the speed-bumps in the parking lot. Pretty entertaining. Here's a picture of the ice off of my roof and balcony.


Website of the Day: Gateway Church (just click the link)

Comments

  1. wait, you changed jobs? to what? where? whata re you doing? CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 blogs within 2 days!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and to think....you were on such a roll! post post post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenna,

    We hope your new job goes well for you!

    Hey - if you get the opportunity, please say a prayer for the requests on our main page.

    God bless you & yours,

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider following our blog -or- grab a free blue button that links to us (top sidebar).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts