Blog worthy...

Apparently...I haven't blogged in about....a long time. Again, yes I know I'm a loser. In recent months so many NEW things have happened in my life, good and bad. I have moved into a new apartment, aquired an amazing roomate, fallen more and more in love with a wonderful man, and grown so much closer with the Lord. His goodness baffles me, seriously. One particualr event that I have found myself gloating about this past month still gives me goosebumps and butterflies in my stumache when I tell it. So this tale is definitley "blog worthy." As much as I have enjoyed telling the story, it's sometimes just better to read it on the blog so you know what's going on in my life if you don't have regular contact with me. Thus begins our story....
"Because it's Wednesday..."
Jonathan, my boyfriend (jonathangaspard.blogspot.com) and I have a rather large large group of friends here in Dallas, so we hardly ever go out on dates just by ourselves. He has been traveling a lot lately and was only home about 3 days one week, because he was playing at a conference (he plays bass) and then he went down to Louisianan to help his parent evacuate from the hurricane.
So before he had to leave again he said "Hey lets go on a date before I leave again, just you and me...don't plan anything!"
"Of course," I said.
The Wednesday of our date, he messages me at work and tells me to be ready by 6 p.m. at my apartment. I asked where we were going and he said he couldn't tell me. I ask what to wear, he says to wear my hair and makeup dressy but to dress casual, like jeans and a t-shirt.
By the time I get home I forget all that and just throw jeans and a t-shirt on and put my hair in a pony tail. He calls me about 10 minutes before 6 p.m. and asks,"Are you ready? Is your hair fixed?"
Oh Lord! I had forgotten!! Needless to say I begin rushing around trying to fix my hair and get decent looking. Not 2 seconds later he knocks on the door to my apartment. I open the door and he is dressed to the nines! Dress pants, dress shoes, button down shirt.... he was cunning and absolutely THE most handsome man I had EVER seen!
I of course, start freaking out asking, "Where are we going?, What are we doing? I have to change clothes! I can't go anywhere with you looking like that and me looking like this!"
After prying me out of my closet he finally talks me into just finishing my hair and going as-is. He won't let me change out of my jeans and t-shirt, there's no time, and I have to finish my make-up in the car.
As soon as we get in the car he starts to head towards Willow Bend Mall. Upon our arrival he asks "Where's the Cinnabon?" Which by the way are THE best cinnamon rolls you will ever put in your mouth and they are my FAVORITE!!! We are headed towards the Cinnabon and about to walk in and suddenly he ganks me out of the doorway and pulls me into my favorite clothing store, Banana Republic.
We walk to the back of the store and he finds this girl and he says "Hey are you Amy?" She said "Yes, are you Jonathan?"
At this point I'm like who the hell is this? Haha. She goes over to a closet behind the counter and pulls out about 12 cocktail dresses. He grabs some, she grabs some, and he turns to me and says "You need to try these on and pick which one you like....you'll be wearing this out tonight."
(And the crowd responds: "Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!")
So yes, he bought me a dress, and a fancy one at that!!!!!! I try all of these dresses on and finally pick out this sexy little black number when to my surprise I realize .....MY LEGS AREN'T SHAVED!!! They aren't that bad, so I slip on the dress and I wear it out of the store feeling absolutley fabulous.
Meanwhile my shoes don't match and I don't have a slip on....so...we run through Macy's and I made a record slip and shoe purchase. I'm tearing tags off and putting things on as he is paying for them.
We finally get out of the mall into the car go down the tollway. I could tell that we were heading towards downtown, and if you don't know me the one thing you must know is that the Dallas skyline is one of my most favorite things about this city.
The car finally stops about 15 minutes later. A man is coming around the car for valet and Jonathan is coming around the other side to get me out of the car. He gets me out of the car and tells me we are at the Hilton @ the Anatole....which is one of THE premier hotels in Dallas....BEAUTIFUL!
He grabs my hand and says "I want to treat you to dinner at Nana's." Nana's is a 5 star restaurant on the 27th floor of the hotel that overlooks downtown. http://www.nanarestaurant.com/
He had reservations for 7:30 next to a phenoenal window overlooking a perfect view of downtown. We watched as the sun set over downtown and the lights came up....it was the most gorgeous view of the city. Nana's is THE most amazing restaurant I have ever seen, it looked like it was out of a movie!!!
We had amazing wine, quail for appetizer, I had Ribeye, he had duck....I think all together dinner cost about $160(whoa!). After a leisurely dinner with great conversation we walked around the courtyard, observed the amazing sculptures and art in and hotel, Jonathan knew so much of the history and was of course THE perfect gentleman as always.
....and VOILA!.... I have to say this was THE most, hands-down, bar-none most romantic thing anyone has EVER done for me. I was overwhelmed with love but yet felt so undeserving of such a royal treatment, it was an incredible evening.
Jonathan said while I was trying on dresses in the dressing room, the girl at Banana Republic kept asking him if he was proposing or if it was my birthday....he said "No, it's just Wednesday, and she's my girlfriend." Aaawwwwwwwww, I love that.
Wasn't that a good story? I think so. With much sadness I must tell you that I haven't been able to spend as much time with Jonathan as I would like to. He has been working down in Louisiana with his family (General Contracting/Roofing) from the aftermath of hurricane Gustav. He's gone 2 weeks and comes home for a weekend, gone 2 weeks, and home for a weekend. Not sure how much longer this is going on, I'm guestimating the next 7 to 9 months, hopefully I'm over estimating.
In the meantime I have moved into a new and much larger apartment with my beautiful friend Jennifer and I can not tell you how much of a God-send she is. How convieniant that Jonathan has to leave town for several months and I find someone to move in with, I would have been SO lonely. Never having a roomate besides Dana when I was younger, I have had and am still having a great learning experience from living with someone else. Not to mention the money I'm saving on rent and bills. :) Jennifer is a wonderful roomate and so thankful that God has placed her in my life, what a wonderful season to walk through with someone.
So there you have it, a more recent update of my life for the past 2 months. I seriously need to make this a regular habit.
Website of the day: http://www.mushygushy.com
This is a great site you can send e-cards and insert your face into them....love this. ENJOY!

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:27 PM

    I LOVE YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!

    That is THE cutest thing I have every heard. I'm totally forwarding that story to Jeremy. He could use a little lesson! ;)

    I love you and miss you!! see you in a few months!

    looooooveeee!!!!!!
    Your FAVORITE cousin ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    that is a great story and what a great memory to always cherish! You are a lucky girl. I hope all is well with you! Are you going to Texarkana for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:21 PM

    Awwwwwwww...what an awesome story from one of my fav couples on the p-l-a-n-e-t! You guys are amazing! Almost made me go through "Stamos Withdrawals" myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW SOOO SWEET..HAHA GUYS ARE WONDERFUL SOMETIMES:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts