I'm a loser baby...so why don't ya kill me

I'm a loser....it's been yet..what? 5 months since my last post? Dear Lord...yeah I'm WAY overdue, wouldn't you say? So I have a wonderful friend @ http://marypoppinswasntperfect.blogspot.com/ who has given me the utmost inspiration to start blogging again...and on a regular basis. I think I'm one of those people who have to have really deep thoughts before I think I can blog something just so I can waste a couple of minutes of your day. And the most random thing is that because I don't blog that often all I seem to post are updates of my life...which can get old REAL fast....eh, not so much anymore, I think I'll just start blogging the randomness that is ...Laura.


So just a quick update since, holy-friggin-November. I will only cover significant events:

1. Moved into my first apartment on December 7th, it's cute and I love it. 882 sq ft of ME! I'm still lacking a dining room table and a queen size bed....yes people you heard it correct I'm still rockin' the twin bed. Eh, but who cares I'm not sharing it with anyone else, right? I've been in my apartment for about 4 months and coming home to my own humble abode has yet to get old in my book. Yay for new experiences.


2. The New Year rang in with much furor. Gateway (my church) started the year off with a 10 day fast and a conference called FiRST. It was a great way to start the year for me, I think this will be a pivotal year in my life, God has done so much already and spoken to me in such a clear and concise way about certain situations in my life...He is so good, all the time. I wonder now after facing the things that I have why God chooses to prove himself faithful. I know that God's most prevalent characteristic is His faithfulness, but why does he choose to show himself when yet I think I know that he is faithful? I guess just for us to testify of His goodness.


3. Children are such a blessing. Back home I had the privilege of sharing my life with a wonderful family and was able to watch 2 beautiful little girls grow up. Playing with those little girls were the highlight of my week. I miss visiting with this family so much, but I still try to keep in regular contact with them. Since living in Dallas, I have pretty much been adopted into a new family and they are very special to me. Once every 2 or 3 weeks I will be invited to the Jenkin's home for dinner and a good round of Mario Party on the Wii. (Which apparently I suck at.) But besides that there are the 3 most beautiful children you have ever seen that are so precious. Ya know that feeling you get when life just kind of gets to you, and then there is this small little person that can make you feel a million times better....yeah, it's a total re-filler and refreshment for me to play with those kids.


4. I'm apparently starting to go blind. Working at Nortel and staring 9+ hours a day into the abyss that is NorCast (our forecasting tool) with type 8 pt font can start to wear on your eyes. So needless to say I went to the eye doctor and sure enough my 20/20 vision has escaped me. So depressing, I'm getting old.


5. Dad came to visit for his birthday. Had a fun time surprising him with a dinner at Maggiano's and an evening at the symphony, I think he really liked it.


6. PiNK Impact was amazing. This is our yearly women's conference at Gateway and this year was my first year. Christine Caine from Hillsong's church in Australia came and spoke along with Dr. Lois Evans (Tony Evans wife). These women are so encouraging and they both brought a relevant word to the conference that deeply impacted (no pun intended) me and my walk with the Lord. Gateway is filled with amazing women and it was such an awesome weekend being able to be surrounded by godly women with a heart for the Lord. Yay Jesus.

7. No serious relationships in my life....yet. There are a couple of crushes with needless to say 'uncertain potential,' but we'll see what happens. I have however been spending quite some time with a certain guy....(who shall remain nameless) we'll call him "Friend" for now. Friend is....well #1 he's hott, haha. #2 he's northern, and for any of your who know me and I'm guessing if your reading this you do know me...I am a tried-and-true Southern Belle. So pretty much that means Friend is the exact opposite of me, which isn't bad, I just get to make fun of him for being northern is all. Friend likes me...so he says, but for some reason I've had a hard time believing him...is this weird? Let me answer this question...YES. For now, our time together is good, he's a ton of fun, incredibly talented, very intelligent, did I mention he was hott? We're both definitely not looking for anything serious... I think I enjoy being single too much. (for now anyway)


8. Various other events during this time include: House-sitting, House of Blues concerts, random dinners with friends, movie nights, coffee dates, birthday celebrations, family visits, random bowling escapades, trips to IKEA, salsa dancing, getting a speeding ticket, playing in the snow, comedy clubs, attending a defensive driving class, thrift store shopping, late nights of playing mafia and other random card/board games, attending church services, and Mavs games....of course :)


Ok so sounds like your slightly updated on my life, and hopefully I will be blogging more often and will be filled with inspiration to share.



Cool website of the day: http://www.roov.com/ This is a site that 5 of my friends actually created and launched, they are currently on a month long, nation-wide tour promoting this site and opening it up to other cities and networks. They are an awesome groups of friends and I am so proud of them and what they are doing. Roov-a-licious.

Comments

  1. yea!!!!! You posted!!!! :-)

    and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:18 PM

    Ha, i'm wondering if "Friend" is from PA??? Don't worry, your secret is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who wants to know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:51 PM

    Ha, answer the question :-)
    Keep blogging - I stumbled upon your blog by coincidence but thought it would be a fun read and connect the dots to PA. Btw, your dream job is a good idea - go for it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...how could you make the connection to PA? Seems odd...Who are you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:27 PM

    WOW...so this is what's going through my head right now:

    "How the heck have I been friends with "L.O." for all this time and not known about this blog aka *little nugget of greatness* of hers?!?!"

    But don't think that I'm just commenting on this post b/c of the ROOV mention (which is how I find it and am duly appreciative of)...I've been reading through all of the posts...boo-yah! Lovin' the one about taking the time to smell the fresh clothes from the dryer...always a personal favorite! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you just never know what I'm up to do ya? haha. How'd you come across my blog?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts