Cap & Gown????

Oh my goodness everyone...Graduation is drawing near...and I mean NEAR!

As of right now (after this Spring semester) I have only 2 more upper division elective classes to take this summer, and I will be done in August. So here's my plan...I'm going to take underwater basket weaving and scubadiving and I'm good to go. No, I'm just kidding.

But wait....I have earth-shattering news! Recently I was informed of a slight change of events in my degree plan. Here's the deal, the college of business eliminated 6 hours from my degree plan (an upper div. elective and a history course). Now pay atention close here cause you might get a little lost of I don't explain this juuussttt right.

As many of you may know, this January I took a trip with the college to Mexico City for a week of cultural indulgence and to get a feel for what "International Business" looks and feels like. This trip counted for 6 hours of upper division electives. While conferencing with my academic advisor about the trip, I asked if I could let 3 upper division elective hours of my Mexico trip substitute for a history class that I had not yet taken. And she said "Oh why of course, who needs to take a history class this late in their college life anyway?" So that is what we arranged...Instead of my Mexico Trip counting for 6 hours of UD (upper div.) electives, we substituted for 3 hours history and 3 hours UD elective. Well NOW, the college of business has completely eliminated from my degree plan, the history course and an UD electice course. So here's my plan.....If they will let me, I can apply my last 6 hours of UD electives that I have left to take this summer and apply THOSE towards my mexico trip then I will be completely done with school. Oh my Lord, I sure hope that made sense. It did to me, but of course...I know what I'm talking about.

So now you ask, what does this mean for 'lil 'ole me? This means I don't have to take any summer courses! I'm done! I have actually already applied to graduate in August so I will still be graduating this summer but I'm going to have to get a real job, real soon, in the real world....REAL SCARY!

So besides that thank God I don't have to take that History-"20th Century Asia" taught by Dr. Hnnfdsnldnjkeqbjenvjkewvndklfnj is just as bad as it sounds...believe me, I've heard horror stories of grown men crying like babies just to get out of that class. Phew! Thank ya Jesus it's not me!

Now I'm guessing you're wondering what my plans are...mmm how 'bout....GET A JOB?? yeah sounds like a plan to me.

Here are my top 5 DREAM jobs:

1) Marketing Director for a Fashion/Home Magazine (Lucky, Domino, Elle, Allure, etc.)
2) Marketing Director for a professional sports team (Mavericks, Cowboys, Rangers, etc.)
3) I know this one sounds really random, but I always think about this everytime we go, but I think it would be so awesome to be the Marketing Director for the Texas State Fair-How much fun would that be?!?!
4) Marketer for any high-end fashion designer
5) work for Google....Have you HEARD about their corporate culture?!!? It's unbelievable, I don't know what I would do there, but they did a special on Oprah a couple of months ago about Google employees! It's crazy, they receive over 13,000 applications A DAY!!! Here watch this!

Oh my gosh do you not just want to go work for Google now!?! FORREAL. Seriously I am really wanting to get into pharmaceutical sales, I have had so much luck in the past months meeting people and networking like crazy. I even forced myself to get business cards made since people kept asking me if I had a card and all I had to give them was a dang post-it note with my name, number and e-mail on it...Oh how professional! So as of right now I have about 6 diffrent connections with 6 diffrent pharmaceutical companies and they are all asking for my resume...so I have got to get on the ball like.....tomorrow with this resume deal...start faxing those things out and get myself a job in the next couple of months! Wahoo! I'm excited, I'm scared, I'm nervous, I'm ready, I'm prepared, I'm confident....ok I know what your thinking...well Laura what's your plan B? Well heck I haven't gotten that far dang-it, just hold your tater-tots and give me a minute and I'll come up with one here pretty quick. Actually I was offered a job a couple of weeks ago being a office manager/secretary/book-keeper/whatever they need, for a business that is relocating in town (they will remain nameless). They offered $3000 to $5000 a month.....ummm that's pretty good money for Texarkana if I might say so. Who knows what my next move is, but you know what they say...When opportunity knocks....

The last time I talked to you, I posted some photography for one of my marketing classes for a client here in town. I turned some of the pictures into advertisement material, take a look:

This is the design we used for our direct mailer, heck it's cool enough you could use it for just about anything really.

This is the design we are using for our billboard ad...pretty cool huh? I know I'm talented...thank you. Alright maybe I will start my own ad agency...ooo that would be fun.

Ok that's enough for now. Here's your cool website for this post, found it surfing the web the other day for unique gift/novelty items: ENJOY! Don't forget to post!

http://www.uncommongoods.com

Comments

  1. WooHoo! Wouldn't it be wonderful if you were finished with all of your classes??? That's great news! It's a little scary, though. The REAL world awaits you, but you'll be fine! Not knowing what to do is the hardest part. Just remember, you don't always start at the top and the job you have at 21 is only a stepping stone to what lays ahead. Just pray for God's guidance and things will work out well for you. We are very proud of you!

    Oui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok for those of you who don't know how to leave a comment, just check the "Other option" and type your name, you don't have to fill in anything else!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts