No longer Laura O...

Whelp, I'm no longer Laura O, I'm Laura G.  Does that have a good ring to it? I can't tell yet. Laura Gaspard....yeah still getting used to saying that one, it's kind of fun to say.  :)

The one drastic change I've faced in marriage has been my name change.  I never thought it was weird for other people to change their name when they got married, but now that it's me... it's kind of weird.  I mean, I've been Laura Oglesby ALL of my entire, whole, and complete life!  And now... I'm not.  Every nickname I've had has been based off of my last name.  In high school teachers and coaches would call me: "Hey Oglesby."  Friends had dubbed me "Lo" or "L.O." "Laura O", the list goes on.  Now grant it Oglesby was a pretty unique name, often mispronounced as O'Glesby, but still unique.  The one thing I am thankful for is that Gaspard is just as  unique, it's not your typical last name.  I'm moving up quite a bit in the alphabet (O>>G), and it's French--that's stinking cool! I'm also glad it's not a typical last name like "Smith" or "Johnson" or "Black" (and hopefully none of my friends who all have those last names won't be offended at me :) love you people! hehehe)  So, as of tomorrow I will legally become Mrs. Laura Gaspard, I'm going to divide and conquer an the Social Security Office...that should be fun.

So... now that you know I'm no longer Laura O, want to see how I became Laura G?!  Here are pictures from the wedding--the CRAZY wedding! (Photos by Natasha Brown)

 Dresses for the day 

 My bouquet - Loved it! 

 The shoes that I didn't end up wearing, but were still awesome

 Seeing my mommy for the first time that day! 

 Centerpieces and welcome table





The typewriter is MY FAVE! 


CEREMONY...
 Whoa cry face! 

 Seeing my groom for the first time...aww he's real sweet.

 Turning around to see our audience. 

 Laughing at something



You may now KISS THE BRIDE! Yipee!! 

And NOW....we party!
 First dance


 beeee niiiiiiicccceee :)
 My sister and Maid of Honor giving the sweetest speech ever- I LOVE HER!

 At one point in the reception Jonathan handed me an envelope to reveal Phase 1 of the 3 destinations we were traveling to on our honeymoon... Phase 1 = MILAN, ITALY!!!! 

Hoping for the best for all of my single girls! 

 Dancing the night away with some of our best friends! Such a fun crowd!

 Jonathan...going under for the garter, oh boy! 

My face is hilarious! 

This night CAN'T be over yet! 

 The getaway car! 

The End! 

I'm a married woman....the blog will be changing a bit, I'm sure I will be updating you will all of the fun adventure of married life and the small DIY projects around our home.  I'm in the process of editing our honeymoon photos so look for a blog post coming soon!

Until then...

Website of the Day: Natasha Brown Photography   Natasha & her husband Aaron did all of our photos from the wedding and can I just tell you the girl did it 7 months pregnant....she's amazing, creative, witty, and is the cutest pregnant thing on two legs! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts